Available now ...
November 2016 edition of The Communicator. Click on image to view.
- Jan 4, 2017, News
- Dec 3, Missed Roll Call (Joseph M. Niezgoda)
- Dec. 3, News, Base level cyber squadron takes flight
- Nov. 13, Convention photos added
- Oct 17, Awards and Honors
DUES RENEWAL REMINDER
If your membership dues expired the end of 2016, please renew by April 1, 2017 to continue membership and receive Communicators.
Regular and Associate Membership dues are $15 per year, payable in two-year increments to cut down on administrative costs.
Life memberships are based on age: to 50 years = $165; 51 – 60 years = $145; 61 – 70 years = $115; 71+ years = $75
Please update your member information (if needed) online or by mailing, emailing or calling changes to Walt McLain. Click here for address changes.
Who we are...
Welcome to the web site of the
Air Force Communicators and
Air Traffic Controllers Association.
Our association is comprised of about 1,500 members (Communicators, Data Automation, Cyber, Space Operations, Air Traffic Controllers, Air Field Managers, Maintenance, Engineering and Installation and related support personnel) who have served or are serving in any communications or air traffic control unit. This includes those who served in the U.S. Army Air Corps or hold or held a communications, data automation, information/cyber, air traffic control, maintenance, engineering and installation or related support skill set.
The term Communicators includes ALL operational, maintenance, administrative skills and other skills in the U.S. Army Air Corps and the U.S. Air Force (including Reserve and Air National Guard) communications, data automation, or air traffic control units.
We were formerly called the “AACS Alumni Association” from 1977 until Sept 27, 2008.
We changed our name because the Airways and Air Communications Service (AACS) was elevated to Major Air Command status and redesignated the Air Force Communications Service in 1961. The AACS designation has been gone from communications terminology for more than 50 years.
Not a member yet?
Donate via PayPal!
Help support our great organization!
Donations are critical to the continued operation of the AF Comm & ATC Association. Your contributions enable our group to organize social events, publish our magazine, and help us support active duty initiatives, such as annual awards and recognition.
Click on the PayPal Donate button below to make donations quickly and securely.
All donations to our non-profit organization are gratefully accepted and are IRS tax-deductible.
- To foster continued awareness of the Air Force communications, data automation, and air traffic control missions previously accomplished by AACS, AFCS, AFCC, AFC4A, AFCA, AFNIC, AFFSA, other past and current commands.
- To provide a forum for educational and humanitarian services, to renew and make new friendships, and to exchange ideas of common interest concerning people and activities associated with communications and air traffic control.
- To fully support the goals and missions of the U.S. Air Force and to honor each year the ATC Enlisted Manager and Communications/Information Professional of the Year.
- To make charitable contributions to worthy veteran organizations or related causes.
- To manage our Association to be viable for those airmen/officers/civilians serving today.